Bows are weapons which can be found during exploration and, when equipped, alters the Player Characters damage stat during combat.
The game currently contains five different bows. Ranked by damage these are:
- Description: "Created by Brahma, and given to the human warrior Arjuna during the Great War. The bow was said to make a sound like thunder when fired, but its strength has faded with the passing of time."
- Damage: 10
Based on the bow of Arjuna, the hero of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. The bow was created by Brahma, to protect Dharma Then give it to lord Shiva. Lord Shiva held it first for a thousand years, then Prajapati held it for five hundred and three years, Indra, for five hundred and eighty years, and Soma for five hundred years. After that Varuna held it for a hundred years before handing it to Arjuna.
The player starts with Gandiva already equipped.
- Description: "The bow owned by Karna, one of the greatest hero of the Last War. Legend says the string of this bow can never be broken."
- Damage: 20
Needed for the Sita questline, the bows is based on the divine bow of Karna. This bow is said to give sure victory to the possessor. Parasurama gave Vijaya to his student Karna, who already had ta errific skill, making him more formidable.
Vijaya is found as a random encounter in the Jungles.
- Description: "Named for the archer who wielded it, this bow was used to determine the border between Man and Elves. It is said that Arash sacrificed himself by putting his life force into the arrow, which traveled for three days before landing."
- Damage: 30
The name is based on its namesake, the heroic archer-figure of Iranian mythology. Afrasiab has defeated the Iranians, and the two sides agreed to make peace. Whatever land falls within the range of a bow-shot shall be returned to the the Iranians, and the rest should then fall to Afrasiab. Arash is asked to be the arher, and fires a specially-prepared arrow at dawn, which then travels a great distance before finally landing.
Arash is found as a random encounter in the Plains Region.
- Description: "Named after a master of archery, this bow is deceptively strong for its simple look. Legend says that when terrible magics caused the sun to split into 10, Houyi shot down 9 of them, leaving one to warm the world."
- Damage: 40
The name is based on its namesake, the mythological Chinese archer Hou Yi. He was also known as Shen Yi and simply as Yi. He is portrayed as a god of archery descended from heaven to aid mankind. His wife, Chang'e, was a lunar deity. In Chinese lore, when 10 Suns rose from Earth and scorched the fields, turning the world into a wasteland, Houyi shot down 9 of the 10 Suns, leaving the last one alive.
Houyi is found as a random encounter in the Desert.
"Bow of Gaia"
- Description: "The fabled bow of Gaia herself."
Intended as the most powerful bow in the game, based on the player's fertility level.
Bow of Gaia is found as a random encounter in the Deep Forest/Elven Sanctuary